Thursday, March 20, 2014

... today is my second chance

No photos today.  Just a quick random thought. 

I was driving home from delivering Laina to school after starting the day at an early dentist appointment.  She's learning to drive, Davis is launching. 

Have I given them enough?  Have I been putting my marriage first?  Isn't that what they need to see more than my acts of service?  Have I enjoyed the presence of God in front of them?

I found myself wishing as I drove through the ever present Northwest gray, "I wish I had a second chance."

Then a small voice said, "Today.  Today is your second chance.  It always is."

With each sunrise (even if I can't see the sun), I have the choice to think differently than I did a moment ago.

Now that is a gift, if ever there was one.

I find myself humming Leanna Crawford's song, Moment by Moment.  So sweet that the song was born out of a conversation she had with her mother.

Want to hear it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfmDQKlZXFo

I'm smiling again and faith is pushing through the gray.





No comments:

Post a Comment