Friday, September 4, 2015

...whew!

I don't know what just happened, but between this post and the last one I got to remodel the family room with my husband and kids' full blessing.  I started a new painting while talking on the phone long distance to a best-ever friend.  We took a two night trip with just the six of us (the only way we could manage a meal together this crazy summer) to Leavenworth.  I hugged my dear friend Hope goodbye... back to China she goes.  We took Davis back to college in Canada.  Rich started his new year.  Laina is back in school
Note the little image of Laina in pigtails behind her.  Not intentional on my part but treasured.
and already made a new friend who's into music, drama and loves God.  I helped throw a wedding shower last night and SOMEWHERE in there managed to wash our sheets.

Whew!

Today at 10:00, I promised myself I'd start painting.  The dishes will have to wait and any deep blogging as well.

But Lisa said, you should blog your progress as you paint.  She was actually asking me to teach people how to do what I do, but I can't.  I've tried.  But I already felt compelled to blog.

FEARS:

-That people will tell me how to proceed when they can't see the finished result I have already in my head.

        So, maybe please hold advice to your own counsel until I'm done?  I'm too fragile at this emotionally.  These paintings may not be masterpieces, but they are from the most tender part of me.

-That someone will steal my design and profit from it.  I don't know how to copyright a work in progress.

        God has gently reassured me that there are other designs where these came from.  Any theft or imitation will already be passe by the time I'm learning the next thing.

-That I will fail.

      This is a given.  I want to try things I've never done before which means lots of it will fail while I experiment.  That's what trash cans are for... and erasers... and white paint...and forgiveness.

Anyway, it's 9:59 so I'll attach some pics of my new "artuary"  (My art studio corner feels like a sanctuary - thus, artuary.  So many thoughts on worship coming to my little mind as I consider a studio as a place to meet with God.)



Moving the piano to use it as room divider has meant the dear instrument now gets played all the time!

By pairing up IKEA book cases with their table tops, we created a stand up work station!  I ADORE it!

I painted my easel black and am using my grandmother's old sewing machine as a landing area.  I love looking out to the black patio furniture.  Purely accidental.

I used a coffee bag to cover the back of the piano and painted the drawer unit the same color as the walls.  Just a little fun to make it more inviting.

All those tubes of craft paint (bottom shelf) are in washed out salad boxes.  A bit flimsy, but hey, they were free.





So, timidly, I welcome you.  Please don't be offended if I forget you're there for a bit.  Once I get going, I tend to forget everything else.

Here's a little hint of the painting I'm about to start.




Fill your day with thanks!

love,  Lydia C



Designs and blog content   copyright 2015 Lydia D. Crouch

No comments:

Post a Comment