Thursday, June 25, 2015

open the curtains!

"Let's open the curtains and let God in!"

Why that sentence came out of my mouth as we started the day, I really don't know.  True, it's GORGEOUS outside this morning, but God lives in my house as well as outside.

HOWEVER,  I've been praying over this worship/"HolySpirit you are welcome here" thing.

And my object lesson this morning was clear!

God lives in my private times alone with him with the curtains closed.



God is in my private places where I shut myself away.


But when I fling open the curtains 

It’s amazing.  But, worship wise, I so often stop here.  I gaze out the window of the beautiful box I live in.  I let the light in, He shines through and I see His beauty.  

I appreciate God's craftsmanship.  And God is here.
 

BUT there’s no substitute for going outside!   
 
Outside.  Where I am small and He is the creator of the air, the boundless sky, the mountains, the breeze in the trees that creates a new picture  - fresh for that moment only  - never to be seen again in exactly that way…

My worship has been controlled, beautiful, but not very daring.   At least not very often.

I am exposed when I am outside.  I’m not in charge of the climate when I’m outside.  It is GLORIOUS when I am outside.  I have choices, but I am not in control when I’m outside my box.

So often when I pray for people to get outside their box, their limited view of God, I simply want them to get in my box.  

I saw that this morning. 

But God is calling us - all of us - to come outside.

His invitation is so open, like his arms… He’s SO much bigger and more full of inviting love than I can imagine.  And I’m a pretty imaginative girl.

There’s plenty of space out here… for everyone. 

So what’s holding me back?

Control.  The bottom line is this.  Do I trust Him to love me enough?


©2015 Lydia D. Crouch

No comments:

Post a Comment