Saturday, February 1, 2014

...change

How do I live transparently?  One moment at a time.  How can I be more real?  Moment by Moment.
I have started many blogs... and failed.  But I can change.  I have tried many diets, many reading plans, many new recipes... and failed.

But I have also celebrated many successes.  I'm headed back to simplicity and loving it.  At the core of Lydia C are several things that I love.

Being Mrs. C.   My husband is a school teacher.  Our last name is Crouch which, on the lips of school students rhymes with  _______,  sound like ________.  Whatever came to your mind is exactly why he goes by Mr. C.   Being Mrs. C means choreographing, co-writing songs, chaperoning choir tours, taking photos for slide shows and listening... lots of listening.  I love it.

Being Mom.  My two amazing children, Davis and Laina, are talented beyond what I ever dreamed of being in my singing, songwriting, acting and performing teen days.  But their character is what blows me away the most.  I find myself wanting to be more like them daily.

Being Lydia.  That is still a journey.  That is a road of random birdwalks on the way to learning to fly.  That will be this blog.

Today I'm making white chilli for superbowl Sunday.  Honestly, I'll be surfing pinterest and sketching, but enjoying the playbacks where it's slow enough for me to understand.

Today, I'm painting two watercolors for wedding gifts.  I'm way behind on wedding gifts.  This on was done earlier this week.


I loved this wedding.  So fresh and fun.  I love taking candid photos to paint from and capturing details like the shot at the left.  The ones you'd love to have but might not be able to purchase from your professional photographer.  It's fun for me to give my images on a cd along with the painting. 








OK - time to go paint.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that you've started a new blog! I definitely missed reading your posts. :) I think of you every time I look at the watercolor painting you made for Bjorn and me. I just love it. Love you!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving your blog too, girl! SO very fun! Thanks for reading!

      Delete