Monday, February 10, 2014

...this one thing

OK, today absolutely overwhelms me and it hasn't even started yet.  Davis is sleeping upstairs and will leave in time to get to fourth period.  His cough sounds horrible and he's really not feeling well.  Laina is doing great but her report wouldn't print this a.m.  Rich and I are speeding head first into yet another new type of show that requires lots of sketch reading and a "divide and conquer" mentality which is not our normal MO.  We are usually "united we stand".  I also need to bake bread, color my hair, start a new painting which I'm really excited about (commission).  I need to do a full 5 mile workout because my back hurts and I ate ice cream all weekend.

Have you ever crunched up an oreo in Haggen Daas swiss vanilla almond?  It's to die for.

I also need to wash Davis' sheets since he's been sick... only he happens to be in them right now.

It's only 7:30 in the morning and I'm overwhelmed.  I'm going to talk to my Dad.  Spending time with him in the morning centers me.  I squirm and I avoid and I can't look him in the eye often.  I'm a horrible listener.  But he isn't.  He's all mercy and all love and all patience.  He's everything I'm not.

He let's me whine and freak out and pout even.  Then, when I'm all done being ridiculous, He says, "Look at me."  

What you focus on is what you reach.       ...and right now, I need to focus on this one thing. 

If I focus on all the problems, I head straight into them.  If I focus on Him, the problems are peripheral and in perspective.

This is our spot.


Would you please excuse me?  I'm late for my Dad time.

Have a great day, by the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment