Wednesday, February 5, 2014

...this is what procrastination looks like


 This is what procrastination looks like.

I've decided procrastination looks a lot like cellulite.  It's a messy, unruly clump of lack of discipline.
 If I had exercised, taken daily steps... it might not look like that.  I can hide it with fabric, clothing or the desk curtain, but it's still there and the longer I refuse to deal with it the more it procreates.

It sits there right next to that wonderful exercise ball that I just knew would tone my legs if I only just had it in the house... just like those papers are going to file themselves.


Leave anything alone and it spirals to its lowest form.  That goes for friendships, health, office work.  In fact they are directly related.  Out of fear of tackling this filing which is totally crucial to our ministry, I am eating 3 cookies.  Not so bad, you think, but I've already eaten three cookies.  Procrastination = stress, but only if I continue to procrastinate.



Don't get me wrong.  I've been busy!  I just finished this watercolor.



Just made a wonderful nutritious lunch.
I'm gaining ground on some areas where I have procrastinated.

Here's the funny thing.  Before marriage and before children, people used to pay me to organize whole offices that looked far worse than this... and I LOVED it.

So what's my hangup?

This funky little desk is my motherload of all guilt buckets.  Writing about it makes me think,  "It doesn't look so bad."  If I were looking objectively at my blog, I'd think, "Just start.  You'll be done before you know it."   So why am I scared of it?  Is it just the taste of past failure that makes it look like an episode of "Hoarders" to me.

Honestly, I don't know.  But I'm going to start now.  I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment